Public health authorities continue to drop the upper tolerable limit of daily added sugar intake.
What does the latest research on Vitamin D say? Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive an infographic summary of the main takeaways and Dr. Greger’s recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
I recently spoke at a hearing of the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Committee. Watch the highlights and my speech here: Highlights from the 2020 Dietary Guidelines Hearing (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/highlights-from-the-2020-dietary-guidelines-hearing/).
The sugar industry keeps pretty busy, as you’ll see from my recent videos: Are Fortified Kids’ Breakfast Cereals Healthy or Just Candy? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Fortified-Kids-Breakfast-Cereals-Healthy-or-Just-Candy) and Sugar Industry Attempts to Manipulate the Science (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/sugar-industry-attempts-to-manipulate-the-science).
My other popular videos on sugar are:
· If Fructose Is Bad, What About Fruit? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit)
· How Much Fruit Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-fruit-is-too-much)
· How Much Added Sugar Is Too Much? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-much-added-sugar-is-too-much/)
· Big Sugar Takes on the World Health Organization (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/big-sugar-takes-on-the-world-health-organization/)
· Does Diet Soda Increase Stroke Risk as Much as Regular Soda? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-diet-soda-increase-stroke-risk-as-much-as-regular-soda)
· How to Stop Tooth Decay (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-stop-tooth-decay)
· Does Sugar Lead to Weight Gain? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-sugar-lead-to-weight-gain)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-recommended-daily-added-sugar-intake and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-recommended-daily-added-sugar-intake. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org