Grape juice and whole grapes are put to the test for brain function, including cognitive decline in early Alzheimer’s.
New subscribers to our e-newsletter always receive a free gift. Get yours here: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
When commercial entities fund studies it’s more for marketing purposes than science. That doesn’t necessarily mean the findings are invalid, but you do have to pay special attention to things like the framing of the research question, the experimental methods, statistical analysis, and biased interpretation of results (spin).
The blueberry video I mentioned is Benefits of Blueberries for the Brain (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-the-brain). There’s also Benefits of Blueberries for Mood and Mobility (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-blueberries-for-mood-and-mobility).
What else might help protect brain function?
• Dietary Theory of Alzheimer’s
• How to Slow Brain Aging by Two Years
• Benefits of Rosemary for Brain Function
• Best Aromatherapy Herb for Alzheimer’s
• How to Prevent Alzheimer’s With Diet
• Best Brain Foods: Berries and Nuts Put to the Test
• Brain Healthy Foods to Fight Aging
• Do Lutein Supplements Help with Brain Function?
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-grapes-for-brain-health and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/benefits-of-grapes-for-brain-health. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages. To find yours, click on the settings wheel on the lower-right of the video and then “Subtitles/CC.”
Do you have feedback about the translations in this video? Please share it here along with the title of the video and language: https://nutritionfacts.zendesk.com/hc/requests/new
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books: https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org