The Four Seasons in Westlake Village has a world-class wellness center that tailors to health needs, focusing on nutrition, fitness, and health balance. California Live’s Danielle Nottingham visits The Center for Health and Wellbeing and gets tips and a recipe to create a more focused and balanced lifestyle. Get details to start feeling your best. Clinical Psychologist, Julie Frumin, offers suggestions that can be done at home – see the list below.
• Take a walk outside
• Have a casual conversation with a friend
• Listen to music while you prep for dinner
• Play a game with your kids
• Put your screens away, lay down and close your eyes
• When we’re overwhelmed, it can seem counterintuitive to stop and put the work away, but with small breaks like these we end up becoming more productive, more creative and more capable of regulating our emotions.
• So don’t just keep pushing yourself until you absolutely crash, schedule a few 15–30-minute breaks throughout the day as well as having a larger chunk of time at the end of the day in which you can totally relax. If 15-30 minutes seems ambitious, start small with a few 5 minute breaks in which you do something that brings you joy.
“California Live” takes viewers across the state to experience must-see destinations, a diverse culinary scene, thrilling adventures, and everything top-of-mind to Californians. Find out what’s new out of Silicon Valley, explore the beauty of wine country, get a daily dose of Hollywood, see why San Diego is coined “America’s Finest City” and more. The show will provide local insertion opportunities for advertisers to air in all three markets or in one of the individual markets. See more of California’s hidden gems here: http://4.nbcla.com/r5tESga
For more, visit NBCCALIVE.COM
On Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/NBCCALive
On Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/NBCCALive
For more, visit NBCLA.COM here: https://bit.ly/2uB6niE
On Facebook: https://bit.ly/2uFU1px
On Twitter: https://bit.ly/2JsBm5Y
The West Coast flagship station of the NBCUniversal Owned Television Stations, serving the vast region since 1949. NBC4 produces 43 hours each week of local news and weather, and the station features the largest award-winning investigative unit in Southern California. NBC4’s news operation has received nearly every industry award bestowed on local news, including numerous Los Angeles Emmy and Golden Mike Awards, two national and two regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, and a Peabody Award. NBC4 news is delivered across the main broadcast on channel4, at www.nbcla.com, and through multiple interactive social media platforms 24/7. The NBC Owned Television Stations, a division of NBCUniversal, also operates COZI TV (www.cozitv.com), a national network that brings viewers some of America’s most beloved and iconic television shows and movies.